Wednesday, August 24, 2011

News: Apple CEO Steve Jobs resigns



CUPERTINO, Calif. -- Apple's Steve Jobs announced his resignation as CEO Wednesday in a letter to Apple's Board of Directors and members of the Apple community.

"I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know," Jobs said in the letter. "Unfortunately, that day has come. I hereby resign as CEO of Apple.

"I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee," he continued.
Jobs, 56, who co-founded Apple in 1976, has been fighting pancreatic cancer since 2004 and underwent a liver transplant in June 2008.

"I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you," 

Jobs said in the letter.He had been on medical leave since January and appeared gaunt at his recent public appearances.
Jobs was named CEO of the decade by Forbes magazine in 2009.
Tim Cook, who had been serving as the tech giant's operating chief and acting CEO, was named CEO. Jobs was elected chairman of the board, The Wall Street Journal reported.



http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/apple_ceo_steve_jobs_resigns_zgP9zCBcRvYh6ZWRZ8vr2H?utm_source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

-NY Post

No comments:

Post a Comment